The World’s Premier Training Experience on the Most Critical Aspects of Large Power Transformers
Learn practical information from industry experts for immediate, measurable impact at any point in the lifecycle of your transformers.
You work with transformers every day, but do you know everything you need to know about transformers? Over 7,500 global delegates over the past 13 years have benefitted from Doble’s Life of a Transformer Seminar.
See why so many people say this seminar is a critical training opportunity for every transformer engineer and new electrical power engineer.
The agenda is based on attendee feedback placing emphasis on practical, real-world concerns. This is your opportunity to get answers from top transformer experts to your pressing work questions.
“Every engineer regardless of years
of experience should attend."
Host Utility Company
“The seminar is a one stop source of information
on different aspects of the life of a transformer”
—2014 Life of a Transformer attendee
"The networking opportunities were of invaluable experience.
Thank you for making that possible.”
— 2013 Life of a Transformer attendee
“The event really helps to get an understanding
of the big picture.”
— 2013 Life of a Transformer attendee
Why you should attend
Get empowered with Doble and learn about
- Improving network performance and system reliability
- Actionable, intelligent transformer life cycle management – how to understand the data
- Maintaining the power grid now and into the future
- Transformer condition assessment with laboratory diagnostics
- In-service, non-invasive diagnostic solutions
- How to adopt and deploy new, innovative technologies
- Aligning your workforce with your strategic drivers
- Focusing on your safety concerns
New for 2016
- Learn actionable, intelligent transformer life cycle management and deployment of new, innovative technologies
- Enhanced Professional Program will many new advanced topics including short circuit withstand, thermal design and noise mitigation
- New three day (including one day Laboratory Seminar) Transformer Maintenance Program designed specifically for field maintenance professionals
- Excellent venue in Nashville, TN with strong support from our host utilities TVA and Nashville Electric Service
- New! Life of a Transformer Seminar Mobile App – available soon on the Doble Conferences & Training App
- Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store here and download the Doble Conferences & Training App
- Get access to the event schedule, venue maps, presenter details, and more
- Receive announcements, obtain the most up-to-date event information, and expand your network by interacting with other attendees
Hear from industry experts from SPX, ABB, Siemens, Delta Star, Xcel Energy, Reinhausen, Baron USA, Unifin, Trantech, Beckwith, Southwest Electric Company and Doble Engineering Company.
Seminar Highlights — Topics you care about
- Transformer Manufacturing
- Understanding Factory Testing Data
- Autotransformers Design & Construction for High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission networks
- Insulating Fluids & Materials
- Bushing Fundamentals
- Transformer Field Testing
- Writing Transformer Specifications
This year Doble is introducing more ways for you to experience the Life of a Transformer Seminar:
♦ Transformer Professional Program –
Traditional Life of a Transformer Seminar package
Attend for 4 days at $1,745 USD per person to receive the full Life of a Transformer training from design to components to testing to end of life and more.
♦ Transformer Professional Program with
Laboratory Diagnostic Seminar
Add the One Laboratory Diagnostics Seminar for an additional $475 USD per person to get the full 5 days of knowledge and experience. Learn more about the Lab Seminar.
♦ NEW – Transformer Maintenance Program
This new option is geared toward maintenance professionals who work hands-on with transformer maintenance and want to only attend the maintenance portion of the Seminar. Attend Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for $1,545 USD per person.
*All options include breakfast and lunch for all participating days and all seminar materials.