Advanced operations and maintenance training on turbo-generators and motors
Maintain your generating and industrial plant at maximum performance and reliability
Sponsored by the Doble Rotating Machinery Committee
Wednesday, April 11th from 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Thursday, April 12th from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
As part of the International Conference of Doble Clients, Doble’s Rotating Machinery Committee is presenting a one and half day tutorial focused on rotating machinery and electrical plant reliability – open to the public. Learn from the experts on how to reliably operate and maintain the electrical side of your generating or industrial plant. This tutorial covers aspects of theory, application, design, manufacturing, operations and maintenance of turbo-generators and synchronous and induction motors. Highlights include the “balance of plant” equipment maintenance best practices on transformers, iso-phase bus, power cables, medium voltage switchgear and switchyard.
Conference & Tutorial Access
This tutorial will take place during the International Conference of Doble Clients in Boston. Tutorial attendees are also invited to participate in the Rotating Machinery Committee Technical Presentations proceeding the tutorial on Wednesday, April 11th.
Agenda topics to include
- Infrared Testing of Rotating Machines and Plant Equipment
- Bearing Failures and Repair
- Excitation System Life Extension
- Shaft Alignment & Vibration
- Off-line Generator Testing
- Ground Grid Systems
- HV Materials & Testing
- Considerations when Testing Variable Speed Drives
- Partial Discharge – Detection, Location & Continuous Monitoring for Rotating Machines
- Motor Rewinds Specifications
Who should attend
This tutorial is designed for owners, operators and maintenance personnel from electric power generating facilities, petrochemical plants, pulp and paper mills, metals industry, insurance companies and those with an interest in generators and large electric motors.
- The tutorial is free of charge for attendees who are Doble Services Agreement (DSA) Clients
- For those without a DSA membership, you may attend for a nominal fee of $895 USD per person. Registration includes the tutorial and Rotating Machinery Technical Presentations proceeding the tutorial on Wednesday, March 15th.
Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Doble Engineering Company has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Find out more about Doble’s CEU program.
For more information, contact Doble Events at email@example.com